Meet Jen McFarland, MPA, Founder, Women Conquer Business
Women Conquer Business started because business owners began seeking my advice about stalled projects and ineffective digital strategies that slowed their business down, costing them time and money.
I realized there were troubling knowledge and resource gaps that prevented businesses from achieving their goals.
As someone who led multi-million dollar public sector initiatives for 10 years, I am comfortable (in fact, I love!) digging into business problems and uncovering the best solutions that make the most sense.
I am a uber-nerd who loves dad jokes, systems, and smiling faces.
I’m on a mission to provide you with the tools you need for sustainable, long-term business growth based on industry best practices.
My firm, Women Conquer Business, helps busy business owners who are tired of beating their heads against the wall. They know there’s a better way. And, they’re willing to pay someone to analyze their systems, workflow, and digital marketing to increase efficiency and ROI.
I co-developed the Digital Marketing program for Prosper Portland’s Inclusive Business Resource Network. So far, we’ve helped about 50 local businesses implement digital marketing strategies based on best practices.
I’m a frequent guest speaker and trainer for Prosper Portland, Chambers of Commerce, Small Business Development Center, TiE Oregon, and other organizations throughout Oregon and Washington.
I also host the Women Conquer Business podcast, which provides actionable strategies, business how-to’s, and real-world advice from subject matter experts and entrepreneurs to help you grow, nurture, and sustain your business.
Business Management Consulting
- Business analysis and recommendations
- Systems and workflow analysis and recommendations
- Gap analysis and recommendations
- Software analysis and recommendations
- Project planning
- Strategic project management
Digital Marketing Consulting
- Technical audits
- SEO research and analysis
- Digital Marketing assessments and implementation
Speaking & Training Topics
- Resilient Leadership
- Project Management Basics
- Time Management
- Taking Aligned Action: Goal-Setting that Makes Sense
- Small Business Digital Marketing
- Managing Your Small Business Digital Footprint
Notable Education & Experience
- Strategic Project & Program Design, Management Analysis, City of Portland, 10 years
- Master of Public Administration, Leadership & Management, Portland State University
- U.S. Peace Corps, Kazakhstan, Project Management, two years
- Professional Marketing and Graphic Design, eight years
- BA, English, University of Idaho